Saturday, May 29, 2010

Mama's Dress

My mom did a great job of keeping a selection of my baby clothes that I could use when I became a mother.  Over the years I have cherished these clothes.  Now I can cherish pictures and memories of my baby Rachel in those outfits.  This is one such dress.

I LOVE this smile.

And I LOVE these eyes.

Rachel is delightful.  She is learning new things every day.  She has recently discovered her tongue.

She is becoming a master of "patty-cake."

And she is learning to use sign language. She loves signing "dada." She has a great sense of humor and likes to tease her Mom and Dad. We will say, "say mama." She will get a grin on her face, make the sign for dad and say "dada." We will do it over and over again. "Say Mama." "Dada." "Say Mama." "Dada." "Say Mama." "Dada." But, when she is in distress she will say and sign "mama."

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Honey, these pictures are so precious! You know your Aunt, Susan Crandall, bought this dress for Sarah when I was in the hospital after losing Julie. It has great meaning for me. I know it does for you too. I know Susan would love to see these pictures!
    Love!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun it is to dress your kid in clothes you wore! And what a DARLING dress! Your mom sure preserved that well.
    I've been able to do that a few times. It's so fun!
    Hey, why am I only JUST learning about your blogs?! I've been totally missing out.

    ReplyDelete