Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Keep Checking

I joined Weight Watchers at the end of January.  Now I am regularly working out and cooking meals.  I actually eat salad and chop vegetables.

My blood pressure dropped from 138/100 to 119/78 within the first week of joining WW.  My blood sugars are lower.  (No I am not diabetic. I have a monitor from when I was gestationally diabetic)

I can go up and down stairs without getting winded.

I've lost 10 pounds (okay, 9.8) in 10 weeks.  Not bad for a girl that eats every point she can get.

I talk to the kids about eating good foods that make us "strong and healthy."  We don't talk about weight.  I tell Rachel that I go to my "meetings" to help me learn how to be stronger and healthier.  Rachel tells me everyday how her food and exercise is helping her grow bigger and bigger and bigger as she gestures taller and taller and taller.  I'm excited about getting healthy for them, for me and for Doug.  I can't wait to take them hiking and enjoying a picnic by a secluded lake.  Yes.  Pictures will follow.


Why am I telling "ya'll" this?  It's so you know why my blogging has been so sporadic.  I am beginning to catch up but I've got a long way to go.  Illness, birthdays, holidays, church responsibilities, errands etc. eat away at my spare time.  Just keep checking.  I promise to keep posting.

2 comments: