Friday, September 10, 2010

Baby 3

The 100th blog post is supposed to be monumental.  Often it includes some sort of giveaway.   I don't have anything to giveaway unless you want to come dig through my DI stuff.  But, this post is monumental in it's own way.  I get to talk about Baby 3 on my 35th birthday.

On Wednesday, July 21st, I dressed Rachel and sent her in to see her dad.  She was carrying a note that said, "We think mommy is pregnant."  Later that day Rachel and I went to the park with some of the other ladies in our ward.  I could hardly contain myself.  I wanted to shout it to the rooftops.  But, we wanted to wait to share our news with the world.  We were only 3.5 weeks pregnant.  It barely registered on the home pregnancy test.

On Friday August 27th  (5.5 weeks later) I happily took pictures of Rachel in the onesie I made for this amazing occasion.  I was poised, ready to post pictures on Facebook the moment we returned from the doctor's office. 

Later that day, Doug, Rachel and I excitedly drove to the Intermountain Medical Center.  We rode the elevator to the 4th floor where the Cottonwood OB clinic is located.  We proudly introduced Rachel to the doctor that delivered her, Dr. Daniel Kaelberer.

Then we got down to the business at hand.  After the physical exam Dr. K took us to a room for a peek at our new little one.  He looked for a couple of minutes.  Then he said we'd have to come back the next week for a "viability scan."  My heart sank.  I wanted to announce today.  What if there is something wrong?  The feeling was all too familiar.  When we were expecting Elizabeth we would go in for an ultrasound and come out more worried than when we went in.  I had been given a blessing recently (for baby 3) saying that the baby would be healthy.  But, it was more difficult than I expected to remain positive and not be consumed with worry.

Fast forward one week. On Thursday, September 2nd, Doug and I went back for our viability scan.  This time we were on a newer machine with a real ultrasound artist.  She pulled out her magic wand and plopped it on my belly.  This beautiful image popped up.

She moved the wand a little bit and we could actually see this little 1 inch tall baby wildly wiggling it's arms and legs.  (I had no idea they moved that much at only 10 weeks) He or she, with short little stubby arms and legs, looked like a wiggly teddy bear.  The warmest, sweetest, most joyful feeling enveloped Doug and I.  There was our healthy baby.

The tech moved her magic wand again and we heard the heartbeat.

Soon we were done and on our way home...exquisitely happy.  After basking in our excitement and relief for 24 hours we posted Rachel's picture on Facebook.  We couldn't be happier.

Baby 3 will be making his or her debut sometime in March.  Our due date is currently set at March 28.  He or she will be brought via c-section a week or two earlier.

5 comments:

  1. YEAH! Welcome all the babies. I am so happy for your family to be growing. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you have a picture of Rachel with her doctor who delivered her, how cute! And congrats again, I'm so excited for you! I always love hearing about ultrasound stories, babies in the womb are so fascinating. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea! Yea! and Yea! Need I say more!

    Oh yea - CONGRATULATIONS - we are so happy for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So excited for you both as you bring baby #3 into the world. I hope you get feeling good again soon though.

    ReplyDelete