You may, or may not, have been wondering why I fell off the blogging radar in January. This is why.
A few months back I bought some Groupons for Blurb.com. I had to use them before they expired. So, I ignored everything else for weeks and made these blog books. There are things I would do differently next time. There is a formatting that I would change. And, I have to admit that I think MyPublisher's paper and print quality are better than Blurb's. But... Blurb imported my blog into their software automatically which was a lifesaver! I made one book that covers the final months of 2009. Then I split 2010 into 3 books so that I could get the highest quality paper they offered. I still have to put the final touches on book 2010 volume 3. But I am thrilled that I have the history of my family in printed form.
Almost everything comes from the blog. I just added some extra pictures and a few entries that never got published. Here is just a sampling from the books.
My first 2 blog entries! Power outage of October 2009 and Halloween 2009.
I put the table of contents for all 3 volumes of 2010 at the beginning of each volume for easy referencing.
This solidifies my resolve to give up scrapbooking. I can reprint these books at any time. I hope to continue to add volume after volume to our family history throughout the years.
Three volumes!? Wow, I did one book for 2010 and it took me SOOO long! I can't imagine doing 3 for one year. Great job!
ReplyDeleteI have also resolved to not even attempt to scrapbook anymore. It's been years since I have, and this works much better for me, especially since you can print extra copies anytime.
Your books look great!
Hooray for you, Jessica! This is amazing. No scrapbook could compare! Wonderful! See you in a week!!!! Love, Mom
ReplyDeleteLove the blog books! They are the best when you print them and remember everything. Great job!
ReplyDeleteI love the ideas of blog books. What a wonderful way to scrapbook and save hours of time!
ReplyDelete