Monday, January 9, 2012

Donut and Caroling Party

One of our neighbors hosts a donut and caroling party every year. She made 150 donuts.  She prepped 150 donuts and her house for a party while taking care of 1 year old twins and a 3 year old boy.  My hero.


Handsome donut fryers.  Of course I'm partial to the guy on the right.

 

Others pitched in by glazing.

 


Meanwhile the kids got to spend some quality time playing.

 
 

Rachel made herself at home.


She didn't even mind the rough housing. 


She just leaned over if it got too close, allowing the boys to fall where they may.


Joseph loved the stairs.


Both of my kids like hats.



Remember these three from back in May?  (Ben, Claire, Joseph)


Here they are.  Together again. (Claire, Joseph, Ben)

 

Everybody ready to carol in the cold.


Brooklyn's nose is already red!


Rachel was excited to get out but couldn't decide whether to walk or be carried.  She had a bit of a meltdown. 


She eventually gave in to a shoulder ride like her friend Eliza.


The Goodwin Gang.


I took Joseph and Rachel home at the end instead of going back to the party.  The kids had had it.


On a side note.  Doug and I were assigned the wassail.  We waited until the last minute to find a recipe and didn't have enough time to let it steep properly.  We didn't really taste it before going to the party.  From what I understand it was some of the worst stuff Doug ever tasted.  Oops.  Teach us to procrastinate.

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed the wassail. Thanks for bringing it and for coming. Also, could you send me a group picture as well as the one you took of our family?
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete