Doug and I met and married around my 31st birthday. Since then I have gained the life I had always hoped for. I have a wonderful husband. I have the great opportunity to stay home with my kids. I'm working on my 3rd child. I have a great house. I thought that having this great life would make birthdays and getting older unimportant. It was a great shock to me when I was having a hard time with the age of 35.
Doug was wonderful. This was my year to make our anniversary plans. I'd come up with a few ideas but had not made any reservations. When he saw my struggle he announced that he was going to do something special. We decided to combine the budget for both my birthday (Sept 10) and our anniversary (Sept 21), and some of our other entertainment budget, into one great weekend.
It was a surprise getaway for me. Doug made all of the arrangements, told me to pack an overnight bag, arranged for babysitting, and had me put on a nice dress. We went to temple square. We walked around, looked at the temple and reminisced about our wedding. It was such a romantic way to start our festivities.
Then Doug took me to the top floor of the Joseph Smith Memorial Building. He made reservations at "The Roof" restaurant. It was far more extravagant than anything I might have chosen. The view and the ambiance was magical and sweet. I melted like the butter on those wonderful Lion House rolls.

Dinner was followed by a romantic carriage ride, cuddling under a blanket for warmth. We spent the night at the Marriott Hotel. Doug had thought of everything -- chocolate covered strawberries, sparkling cider and no interruptions.
Doug made my 35th birthday the best birthday I can remember. I am so grateful for his sweet thoughtful nature. I am awed by all of his amazing talents and abilities. I am thrilled to find myself more and more in love with Doug every passing week. Thank you darling for a fabulous birthday. Happy 4th Anniversary!
How adorable is he?!?! What a great husband you have. Happy Anniversary and... Happy Birthday!!
ReplyDelete